Flatulent cows start fire at German dairy farm - police
BERLIN Jan 27 (Reuters) - Methane gas from 90 flatulent cows exploded in a German farm shed on Monday, damaging the roof and injuring one of the animals, police said.
High levels of the gas had built up in the structure in the central German town of Rasdorf, then "a static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames," the force said in a statement.
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea |
- Ukraine peace deal falters as rebels show no sign of surrender |
- UAW union withdraws objection to lost election at VW Tennessee plant