Vodafone in talks to buy Spain's cable operator ONO -Bloomberg
Jan 26 (Reuters) - Vodafone Group Plc is in talks to acquire Spain's main cable operator Grupo Corporativo ONO SA , which could derail ONO's plans for an initial public offering, Bloomberg news reported, citing sources.
A deal could be announced in the next few weeks, Bloomberg quoted one of the sources as saying.
Vodafone and ONO could not be reached for a comment outside of regular working hours.
Sources told Reuters in December that Ono, once listed, would likely be a takeover target for bigger competitors Vodafone and Orange, which are trying to capture a larger share of the Spanish market to make headway against former monopoly Telefonica.
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife edge |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets
- Dollar hits six-year peak versus yen, ECB loan demand disappoints