Telecom Italia CEO says no plans for rights issue
MILAN Jan 27 (Reuters) - Telecom Italia's CEO Marco Patuano said on Monday there were no plans for a rights issue, rejecting media speculation that the group could consider a capital increase to cut debt.
"There is no hypothesis of a capital increase on the table," he told reporters on the sidelines of an event.
Asked about Egyptian tycoon Naguib Sawiris' possible interest in investing in Telecom Italia and acquiring its Brazilian unit TIM Brasil, Patuano said: "I don't know anything about it, I have read it in the newspapers."
(Reporting by Gianluca Semeraro, writing by Danilo Masoni)
- Judge rejects strict limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush denied bail |
- Dow, S&P 500 end at record highs; BoJ move adds fuel to rally |
- Judge issues order enforcing Ebola isolation of defiant Maine nurse