Egypt military council discussing Sisi's political fate
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's top military council is discussing the public's request for army chief Field Marshal Abdel Fattah al-Sisi to run for president, the state news agency said on Monday.
Sisi, who toppled Egypt's first democratically-elected president last year, is expected to announce his candidacy for the presidency within days and to easily win elections due within six months.
(Writing by Michael Georgy; Editing by Catherine Evans)
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media