Egypt military council discussing Sisi's political fate
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's top military council is discussing the public's request for army chief Field Marshal Abdel Fattah al-Sisi to run for president, the state news agency said on Monday.
Sisi, who toppled Egypt's first democratically-elected president last year, is expected to announce his candidacy for the presidency within days and to easily win elections due within six months.
(Writing by Michael Georgy; Editing by Catherine Evans)
- Judge rejects strict limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush denied bail |
- Dow, S&P 500 end at record highs; BoJ move adds fuel to rally |
- Judge issues order enforcing Ebola isolation of defiant Maine nurse