Egypt military council discussing Sisi's political fate
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's top military council is discussing the public's request for army chief Field Marshal Abdel Fattah al-Sisi to run for president, the state news agency said on Monday.
Sisi, who toppled Egypt's first democratically-elected president last year, is expected to announce his candidacy for the presidency within days and to easily win elections due within six months.
(Writing by Michael Georgy; Editing by Catherine Evans)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor