Investor Icahn says buys another $500 million in Apple stock
Jan 28 (Reuters) - Carl Icahn said on Tuesday he bought another half-billion dollars' worth of Apple Inc stock, raising the activist investor's stake to roughly over $4 billion.
Icahn said the stock is a "no-brainer," and argued the shares were undervalued. He is trying to get the company to tack on an additional $50 billion in share buybacks.
On Tuesday, he tweeted: "Just bought $500 mln more $AAPL shares."
"My buying seems to be going neck-and-neck with Apple's buyback program, but hope they win that race." (Reporting by Edwin Chan in San Francisco; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks