Egypt's second stimulus package almost ready, details within days-minister
CAIRO Jan 28 (Reuters) - The details of Egypt's second stimulus package since Islamist President Mohamed Mursi was ousted last July will be announced within days, Finance Minister Ahmed Galal told reporters at an investment conference on Tuesday.
"It is ready, we just have a part missing with the oil ministry, ... and we'll announce it within days," Galal said.
Supported by more than $12 billion in Gulf aid, Egypt's interim government introduced a 30 billion Egyptian pound ($4.3 billion) stimulus package in 2013 and said it would launch another one of about the same size this month.
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks