Ukrainian parliament votes to repeal anti-protest laws
KIEV Jan 28 (Reuters) - Ukraine's parliament on Tuesday voted in favour of repealing a set of anti-protest laws which had triggered violent unrest in Kiev.
In a concession to the opposition aimed at calming down unrest on the streets, a large majority of deputies voted in favour of revoking the Jan. 16 legislation.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown