Kone orders beat expectations on strong China demand
HELSINKI Jan 28 (Reuters) - Finnish elevator maker Kone reported stronger-than-expected orders for the fourth quarter thanks to strong demand in China.
Kone reported a 14 percent rise in fourth-quarter operating income from a year earlier to 293 million euros ($400 million). While that was in line with expectations, orders received in the quarter rose to 1.47 billion euros beating the average market forecast of 1.37 billion euros according to a Reuters poll.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources