Kone orders beat expectations on strong China demand
HELSINKI Jan 28 (Reuters) - Finnish elevator maker Kone reported stronger-than-expected orders for the fourth quarter thanks to strong demand in China.
Kone reported a 14 percent rise in fourth-quarter operating income from a year earlier to 293 million euros ($400 million). While that was in line with expectations, orders received in the quarter rose to 1.47 billion euros beating the average market forecast of 1.37 billion euros according to a Reuters poll.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Gaza toll nears 100, militants threaten Israeli airport |
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- A game of two popes: Vatican plays down talk of World Cup rivalry
- Haskell collapses in Texas court as details of murder read