CORRECTED-SK Hynix expects DRAM shipments to rise by 20 pct in Q1
(Corrects executive title to head of business strategy, not chief financial officer)
SEOUL Jan 28 (Reuters) - SK Hynix Inc said it expected shipments of computer memory chips to rise by 20 percent in the current quarter as it restores production at its fire-hit China plant.
"As operation of our Wuxi plant is normalised and will be restored to pre-fire levels this quarter, we expect our DRAM shipments would increase by around 20 percent in the first quarter," Kim Joon-ho, SK Hynix head of business strategy, told analysts.
Hynix ended its two consecutive quarters of record earnings on Tuesday as a rally in computer memory chip prices started to ease and DRAM chip shipments fell 13 percent following a fire at its China plant in early September. (Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation