Syria peace talks afternoon session cancelled, opposition says
GENEVA Jan 28 (Reuters) - An afternoon session in talks to end the war in Syria was cancelled on Tuesday, the opposition delegation said, citing differences over the goal of the talks.
"(International mediator) Lakhdar Brahimi cancelled the afternoon talks to give (Ibrahim) Jaafari time to think over Geneva 1," opposition negotiator Ahmed Jakal told Reuters, referring to the Syrian government chief negotiator.
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia