Swiss team IAM invited into Tour de France
PARIS (Reuters) - Swiss team IAM Cycling will ride the Tour de France for the first time as one of four teams to receive wildcard invitations for this year's race, organizers said on Tuesday.
French teams Cofidis and Bretagne-Seche were also invited to take part as well as Geman outfit NetApp-Endura.
IAM Cycling, founded in 2013, signed French star Sylvain Chavanel this season.
The invitees will join the 18 World Tour (elite) teams at the start line for the first stage in Leeds, Yorkshire on July 5.
- Rescuers scour sea for Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source