Ukrainian parliament votes to repeal anti-protest laws
KIEV (Reuters) - Ukraine's parliament on Tuesday voted in favor of repealing a set of anti-protest laws which had triggered violent unrest in Kiev.
In a concession to the opposition aimed at calming down unrest on the streets, a large majority of deputies voted in favor of revoking the January 16 legislation.
- Malaysia plane search straddles continent as police focus on crew |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Stocks near one-month low as western sanctions on Russia loom |