U.S. Steel loss widens as steel shipments fall
Jan 27 (Reuters) - United States Steel Corp reported a wider fourth quarter loss as total steel shipments declined from last year.
The Pittsburgh-based steelmaker's net loss was $122 million, or 84 cents per share, compared to a loss of $50 million, or 35 cents per share, a year earlier.
Net sales fell to $4.27 billion from $4.49 billion last year.
Analysts on average had expected revenue of $4.36 billion, on a loss of 25 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- U.S. experts hunt for Ebola exposure after first case |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks: source |