BRIEF-Barloworld says overall Q1 trading results ahead of prior year
JOHANNESBURG Jan 29 (Reuters) - Barloworld Ltd : * Says first quarter of the 2014 financial year has delivered a solid group performance * Says in Russia activity continues to be impacted by the slowdown in coal mining * Says improved performance in Angola has contributed positively to the result * Says after sales revenue also reflected pleasing growth compared to the prior year * Says firm order book for Southern Africa at December 2013 remains in line with September 2013 * Says Iberia activity remained subdued in Q1, some early signs of improving economic conditions in Spain * In Russia, firm order book has reduced slightly from September following the machine deliveries to polyus * Says the agriculture business had a slow start to the year
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Malaysia Airlines says lost contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales