HIGHLIGHTS - Bank of England's Carney speaks in Scotland
EDINBURGH Jan 29 (Reuters) - Bank of England Governor Mark Carney is speaking to business leaders and to media after making a speech in Scotland. Below are highlights of his comments.
- "We would expect some pass through of sterling strength to help reinforce other forces that are helping to create a more benign inflation environment - more benign, not totally benign."
- "Market expections of when we would raise interest rates are still at 2015 and the first quarter of 2015."
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions