Dow Chemical posts profit, raises dividend, expands stock buyback
Jan 29 (Reuters) - Dow Chemical Co raised its dividend 15 percent and expanded its share buyback program to $4.5 billion from $1.5 billion after posting a fourth-quarter profit.
Net income available for common stockholders was $963 million, or 79 cents per share, in the quarter ended Dec. 31. [
Dow Chemical posted a loss of $716 million, or 61 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter due to a $990 million charge related to job cuts, plant closures and write down of the value of its lithium-ion battery business.
Revenue rose 3 percent to $14.39 billion at the largest U.S. chemical maker by sales.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’