EMC's quarterly profit rises 17 pct
Jan 29 (Reuters) - EMC Corp's profit rose 17 percent in the fourth quarter due to higher sales of its data storage equipment.
Net income rose to $1.02 billion, or 48 cents per share, from $870 million, or 39 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, EMC earned 60 cents per share.
Consolidated revenue rose 11 percent to $6.7 billion.
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |
- Two adults, six children dead in Florida shooting: report