Flextronics quarterly profit jumps
Jan 29 (Reuters) - Contract electronics maker Flextronics International Ltd's quarterly profit more than tripled, helped by higher demand from its game console and smartphone customers.
Net income rose to $145.2 million, or 23 cents per share, in the third quarter, from $47.3 million, or 7 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned 26 cents per share.
Revenue rose 17 percent to $7.18 billion.
Singapore-based Flextronics produces the Xbox game console for Microsoft Corp and smartphones for Google Inc .
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Rescuers seek survivors of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |