Flextronics quarterly profit jumps
Jan 29 (Reuters) - Contract electronics maker Flextronics International Ltd's quarterly profit more than tripled, helped by higher demand from its game console and smartphone customers.
Net income rose to $145.2 million, or 23 cents per share, in the third quarter, from $47.3 million, or 7 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned 26 cents per share.
Revenue rose 17 percent to $7.18 billion.
Singapore-based Flextronics produces the Xbox game console for Microsoft Corp and smartphones for Google Inc .
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Fast-food workers to launch intensified protests across U.S.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Fiji says Syrian rebels want compensation, removal from terror list