FOREX-Dollar weakens more versus yen as U.S. yields fall
NEW YORK Jan 29 (Reuters) - The dollar weakened further against the yen on Wednesday as lower U.S. bond yields reduced the relative appeal of U.S. investments versus their Japanese counterparts.
The greenback fell to a session low of 102.21 yen in early New York trading, down 0.7 percent from late on Tuesday. It still held above a seven-week low against the yen set on Monday due to jitters over financial woes in Argentina, Turkey and other emerging markets.
The yield on benchmark 10-year Treasuries fell to 2.722 percent, down about 3 basis points from Tuesday's close.
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot: report
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on