Praxair raises dividend, to buy back $1.5 bln in stock
Jan 29 (Reuters) - Praxair Inc, the largest industrial gas supplier in the Americas, raised its dividend by 8 percent and said it would buy back stock worth $1.5 billion, after reporting a 15 percent rise in quarterly profit.
The company's net income rose to $474 million, or $1.59 per share, in the fourth quarter ended Dec. 31 from $414 million, or $1.38 per share, a year earlier.
Sales climbed 7.5 percent to $3.01 billion.
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |