Royal Bank of Canada to sell Jamaica unit
TORONTO Jan 29 (Reuters) - Royal Bank of Canada, the country's largest bank, said on Wednesday it has agreed to sell its Jamaican banking operations to Sagicor Group Jamaica Ltd.
Royal Bank did not disclose financial terms, but said it expects the deal to result in a C$60 million ($54 million) loss, partly because of a goodwill writedown.
- Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- Four-way talks call for end to Ukraine violence |
- California city evacuation lifted after military ordnance found
- Divers enter capsized South Korean ferry in hunt for survivors |