Sears Canada to cut 624 jobs
Jan 29 (Reuters) - Struggling department store operator Sears Canada Inc said it would cut 624 jobs as it reorganizes its business.
The job cuts will primarily affect mid-tier employees within its full-line stores, resulting in an average reduction of five employees per store, the company said on Wednesday.
Sears Canada, controlled by Sears Holdings Corp, said earlier in January it would cut 7 percent of its workforce.
At that time the company said it would have about 20,000 employees after the planned jobs cuts.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |