Russia, U.S. to boost pressure on Syrian delegations in Geneva-RIA
MOSCOW Jan 29 (Reuters) - Russian and U.S. experts agreed on Wednesday to increase pressure on the Syrian government and opposition delegations to reach a compromise at talks in Geneva, state-run RIA news agency cited a diplomatic source as saying.
"We agreed that we need to first of all strengthen cooperation with each other and increase pressure so that (the sides) more actively work together and seek a compromise," the source was quoted as saying. (Reporting by Thomas Grove; Ediing by Steve Gutterman)
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park