Italy official says Sawiris welcome to invest in Telecom Italia
ROME Jan 29 (Reuters) - Italy would have no objections to an investment in Telecom Italia by Egyptian tycoon Naguib Sawiris if he were prepared to put funds into the business, Deputy Industry Minister Antonio Catricala said on Wednesday.
"Investors who bring money are welcome," he told reporters at the margins of a conference in Rome in response to recent comments by Sawiris who said he was interested in investing in Telecom Italia. (Reporting by Alberto Sisto)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols