Tupperware quarterly results miss analysts' estimates
Jan 29 (Reuters) - Food storage maker Tupperware Brands Corp reported lower-than-expected quarterly results, hurt by weak sales in established markets such as Germany, Canada and the United States.
Net income rose to $89.7 million, or $1.74 per share, for the fourth quarter ended Dec. 28 from $74.5 million, or $1.34 per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the direct-selling company earned $1.81 per share.
Sales rose 1 percent to $717 million.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of $1.84 per share on revenue of $727.9 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. (Reporting By Shailaja Sharma)
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid |
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid