Spurs' Ginobili out 3-4 weeks with hamstring injury
(Reuters) - San Antonio Spurs guard Manu Ginobili is expected miss about three-to-four weeks with a strained left hamstring, the National Basketball Association team said on Wednesday.
Ginobili, the team's third-leading scorer, will miss about 12 games due to the injury suffered in the third quarter of San Antonio's loss to the Houston Rockets on Tuesday.
An MRI exam earlier on Wednesday revealed the strain, the Spurs said in a statement.
The 36-year-old Argentine national has averaged 12.1 points per game this season for a Spurs (33-12) team that is second in the Western Conference.
(Reporting By Andrew Both in Cary, North Carolina; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |