Spurs' Ginobili out 3-4 weeks with hamstring injury
(Reuters) - San Antonio Spurs guard Manu Ginobili is expected miss about three-to-four weeks with a strained left hamstring, the National Basketball Association team said on Wednesday.
Ginobili, the team's third-leading scorer, will miss about 12 games due to the injury suffered in the third quarter of San Antonio's loss to the Houston Rockets on Tuesday.
An MRI exam earlier on Wednesday revealed the strain, the Spurs said in a statement.
The 36-year-old Argentine national has averaged 12.1 points per game this season for a Spurs (33-12) team that is second in the Western Conference.
(Reporting By Andrew Both in Cary, North Carolina; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |