Marathon confirms small diesel spill into Mississippi river
(Reuters) - Marathon Petroleum Corp confirmed that two barrels of diesel spilled into the Mississippi river on Tuesday from its 490,000-barrel-per-day (bpd) Garyville, Louisiana, refinery.
"We responded very quickly to clean it up," a company spokeswoman said in an email.
Marathon had reported the spill into the Mississippi river in notices filed with the U.S. National Response Center.
(For refinery outages in the Reuters Oil Fundamentals Database see here or go to)
(Reporting by Anupam Chatterjee and NR Sethuraman in Bangalore; Editing by Meredith Mazzilli)
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- Global stocks extend rally, S&P at new high as data signals growth
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament |