Marathon confirms small diesel spill into Mississippi river
(Reuters) - Marathon Petroleum Corp confirmed that two barrels of diesel spilled into the Mississippi river on Tuesday from its 490,000-barrel-per-day (bpd) Garyville, Louisiana, refinery.
"We responded very quickly to clean it up," a company spokeswoman said in an email.
Marathon had reported the spill into the Mississippi river in notices filed with the U.S. National Response Center.
(For refinery outages in the Reuters Oil Fundamentals Database see here or go to)
(Reporting by Anupam Chatterjee and NR Sethuraman in Bangalore; Editing by Meredith Mazzilli)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |