Marathon confirms small diesel spill into Mississippi river
(Reuters) - Marathon Petroleum Corp confirmed that two barrels of diesel spilled into the Mississippi river on Tuesday from its 490,000-barrel-per-day (bpd) Garyville, Louisiana, refinery.
"We responded very quickly to clean it up," a company spokeswoman said in an email.
Marathon had reported the spill into the Mississippi river in notices filed with the U.S. National Response Center.
(For refinery outages in the Reuters Oil Fundamentals Database see here or go to)
(Reporting by Anupam Chatterjee and NR Sethuraman in Bangalore; Editing by Meredith Mazzilli)
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalemate goes on |
- Florida man charged with murdering son so he could play video games
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official