Target says criminals attacked with credentials stolen from vendor
BOSTON (Reuters) - Target Corp said on Wednesday that the cyber criminals who breached its system used credentials they stole from one of the retailer's vendors.
"The ongoing forensic investigation has indicated that the intruder stole a vendor's credentials, which were used to access our system," Target spokeswoman Molly Snyder said in a statement.
She declined to elaborate on what type of credentials were taken from the vendor.
(Reporting by Jim Finkle. Editing by Andre Grenon)
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks