Target says criminals attacked with credentials stolen from vendor
BOSTON (Reuters) - Target Corp said on Wednesday that the cyber criminals who breached its system used credentials they stole from one of the retailer's vendors.
"The ongoing forensic investigation has indicated that the intruder stole a vendor's credentials, which were used to access our system," Target spokeswoman Molly Snyder said in a statement.
She declined to elaborate on what type of credentials were taken from the vendor.
(Reporting by Jim Finkle. Editing by Andre Grenon)
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China as Asia trip begins |
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |
- Australia vows to keep searching to solve missing Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China