Target says criminals attacked with credentials stolen from vendor
BOSTON (Reuters) - Target Corp said on Wednesday that the cyber criminals who breached its system used credentials they stole from one of the retailer's vendors.
"The ongoing forensic investigation has indicated that the intruder stole a vendor's credentials, which were used to access our system," Target spokeswoman Molly Snyder said in a statement.
She declined to elaborate on what type of credentials were taken from the vendor.
(Reporting by Jim Finkle. Editing by Andre Grenon)
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage |
- U.S. strikes Somali militant camp in bid to kill al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |