Target says criminals attacked with credentials stolen from vendor
BOSTON (Reuters) - Target Corp said on Wednesday that the cyber criminals who breached its system used credentials they stole from one of the retailer's vendors.
"The ongoing forensic investigation has indicated that the intruder stole a vendor's credentials, which were used to access our system," Target spokeswoman Molly Snyder said in a statement.
She declined to elaborate on what type of credentials were taken from the vendor.
(Reporting by Jim Finkle. Editing by Andre Grenon)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program