Target says criminals attacked with credentials stolen from vendor
BOSTON (Reuters) - Target Corp said on Wednesday that the cyber criminals who breached its system used credentials they stole from one of the retailer's vendors.
"The ongoing forensic investigation has indicated that the intruder stole a vendor's credentials, which were used to access our system," Target spokeswoman Molly Snyder said in a statement.
She declined to elaborate on what type of credentials were taken from the vendor.
(Reporting by Jim Finkle. Editing by Andre Grenon)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- U.S. experts hunt for Ebola exposure after first case |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks-source |