Chubb profit jumps five-fold as claims fall
Jan 30 (Reuters) - Property and casualty insurer Chubb Corp reported a more than five-fold rise in quarterly profit as the company paid lower claims.
The company's net income rose to $569 million, or $2.24 per share, in the fourth quarter ended Dec. 31, from $102 million, or 38 cents per share, a year earlier.
Profit in the year-earlier quarter was heavily affected by Super storm Sandy, which battered the U.S. east coast in October 2012.
Net earned premium rose 4 percent to $3.04 billion.
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source