German unemployment falls more than expected in January
BERLIN Jan 30 (Reuters) - German unemployment fell significantly more than expected on a seasonally adjusted basis in January, Labour Office data showed on Thursday.
The number of people out of work decreased by 28,000 to 2.927 million, the data showed. The mid-range forecast in a Reuters poll had been for a decrease of 5,000.
The jobless rate stood at 6.8 percent for January. The rate for December was revised down to 6.8 percent from an originally reported 6.9 percent.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data