Greek PM says 2013 primary budget surplus to top 1 bln euros
ATHENS Jan 30 (Reuters) - Greece will report a budget surplus before interest payments of at least 1 billion euros for 2013, Prime Minister Antonis Samaras said in a speech to lawmakers on Thursday.
"Based on the most recent data, the primary surplus reached - and I would say - exceeds 1 billion euros," Samaras said.
Reporting a primary budget surplus for the year would make Athens eligible for further debt relief from its euro zone and International Monetary Fund partners.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port