Greek PM says 2013 primary budget surplus to top 1 bln euros
ATHENS Jan 30 (Reuters) - Greece will report a budget surplus before interest payments of at least 1 billion euros for 2013, Prime Minister Antonis Samaras said in a speech to lawmakers on Thursday.
"Based on the most recent data, the primary surplus reached - and I would say - exceeds 1 billion euros," Samaras said.
Reporting a primary budget surplus for the year would make Athens eligible for further debt relief from its euro zone and International Monetary Fund partners.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data