BMW set to extend Magna production deal-paper
VIENNA Jan 30 (Reuters) - German automaker BMW is set to extend its contract with Magna-Steyr in Austria to manufacture group vehicles, the Kleine Zeitung newspaper reported on Thursday.
Citing industry sources, it said BMW would sign a contract on Thursday to extend beyond 2016 the contract manufacturing accord but not assign Magna a particular model, instead reserving capacity for various models depending on demand.
It said the deal would likely cover more than 100,000 vehicles per year.
Magna did not immediately return a call seeking comment, while BMW declined comment pending an announcement.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Malaysia Airlines says lost contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales