Peabody Energy posts smaller quarterly loss
Jan 30 (Reuters) - Coal miner Peabody Energy Corp reported a smaller quarterly loss, mainly due to lower impairment charges and cost cuts.
The company's net loss attributable to shareholders narrowed to $565.7 million, or $2.12 per share, in the fourth quarter ended Dec. 31, from $1.01 billion, or $3.78 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 14 percent to $1.74 billion.
- Israel keeps up Gaza assault; diplomats seek ceasefire |
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- UPDATE 4-Train carrying MH17 bodies reaches government-held Ukrainian city