Polish BZ WBK says organic growth takes priority over takeovers
WARSAW Jan 30 (Reuters) - Poland's No.3 lender Bank Zachodni WBK, a unit of Banco Santander, puts its focus or organic growth, but does not rule out placing a takeover bid if an opportunity arises, the bank's chief executive officer said on Thursday.
"If someone waves a flag we'll give it a thought, we don't exclude that (placing a bid), but we are putting strong focus on organic growth," CEO Mateusz Morawiecki told Reuters in an interview. (Reporting by Marcin Goclowski; Writing by Adrian Krajewski)
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Timeline: The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official