Santander's Botin forecasts 2014 profit growth in Spain, UK
MADRID Jan 30 (Reuters) - Santander, the euro zone's biggest bank, expects earnings at its UK business to rise 17 percent in 2014, Chairman Emilio Botin said on Thursday, following a 3.1 percent rise in profits there in 2013.
The UK arm posted profit of 1.1 billion pounds ($1.8 billion) in 2013.
Botin sees profit at its Spanish division reaching 1 billion euros in 2014 before tripling to 3 billion euros in 2016, he said.
Speaking to reporters, Botin also said it would take part as a banking adviser in the government's potential sale of its stake in nationalised lender Bankia.
"Bankia is doing very well right now and I think a part could be listed now. I would take part in that listing," Botin said.
- Malaysia air force chief denies saying lost plane tracked to west |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source