STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil 2013 primary aluminum output falls 9.2 pct
Brazil's primary aluminum production fell 9.2 percent to 1.3 million tonnes in 2013, compared with 1.44 million tonnes a year earlier, the Brazilian Aluminum Association said on Thursday. The decline came despite a reduction in Brazilian electricity costs, which eased producers' difficulties but failed to bring operating costs down to a competitive level, the association said.
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- U.S., EU impose sanctions after Crimea moves to join Russia |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- China rejects North Korean crimes report, hits chance of prosecution
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data