Chubb profit jumps five-fold as claims fall
(Reuters) - Property and casualty insurer Chubb Corp (CB.N) reported a more than five-fold rise in quarterly profit as the company paid lower claims.
The company's net income rose to $569 million, or $2.24 per share, in the fourth quarter ended December 31, from $102 million, or 38 cents per share, a year earlier.
Profit in the year-earlier quarter was heavily affected by Super storm Sandy, which battered the U.S. east coast in October 2012.
Net earned premium rose 4 percent to $3.04 billion.
(Reporting by Avik Das in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data