Vodafone Qatar Q3 net loss narrows as customer base grows
DUBAI Jan 30 (Reuters) - Vodafone Qatar, an affiliate of Vodafone Group, reported a narrowing third-quarter loss on Thursday, Reuters calculations show, helped by a growth in its customer base.
Vodafone, which ended Ooredoo's domestic monopoly in 2009, made a net loss of 53.2 million riyals ($14.61 million)in the three months to Dec. 31, Reuters calculated based on nine-month figures provided by the company.
That compares with a loss of 87.1 million riyals in the prior-year period. The operator's financial year starts April 1.
The company reported a nine-month net loss of 213.2 million riyals compared with a loss of 327.1 million riyals in the prior-year period. Vodafone Qatar - 23 percent owned by parent Vodafone - had 1.27 million mobile customers as of Dec. 31, up 27 percent from a year earlier.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers seek survivors of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |