UPDATE 1-Vodafone Qatar Q3 net loss narrows as customer base grows
* Q3 net loss 53.2 mln riyals vs 87.1 mln riyals loss -Reuters
* Nine-month revenue 1.43 bln riyals, up 31 pct
* Customer base up 27 pct as of Dec 31
DUBAI, Jan 30 (Reuters) - Vodafone Qatar, an affiliate of Vodafone Group, reported a narrowing third-quarter loss on Thursday, Reuters calculations show, helped by a growth in its customer base.
Vodafone, which ended Ooredoo's domestic monopoly in 2009, made a net loss of 53.2 million riyals ($14.61 million)in the three months to Dec. 31, Reuters calculated based on nine-month figures provided by the company. That compares with a loss of 87.1 million riyals in the prior-year period. The operator's financial year starts April 1.
Analysts polled by Reuters on average forecast Vodafone Qatar would make a quarterly loss of 72.7 million riyals.
The company reported a nine-month net loss of 213 million riyals compared with a loss of 325 million riyals in the prior-year period.
Vodafone Qatar - 23 percent owned by parent Vodafone - had 1.27 million mobile customers as of Dec. 31, up 27 percent from a year earlier.
Total revenue for the nine months to Dec 31 was 1.43 billion riyals, a 31 percent growth over the same period last year, the company statement said.
The nine-month average revenue per user (ARPU), a key industry metric, was 125 riyals, up 3.6 percent year-on-year.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown