UK nuclear regulator 'satisfied' with action at Sellafield plant
LONDON Jan 31 (Reuters) - Britain's Office for Nuclear Regulation said it was monitoring the situation at the Sellafield nuclear reprocessing plant and was satisfied the appropriate action was being taken.
Britain's biggest nuclear reprocessing plant said on Friday it had detected raised levels of radioactivity and ordered all non-essential staff to stay at home.
"We will continue to monitor the situation, and to maintain a regular dialogue with Sellafield," the ONR said in a statement. (Reporting by Nina Chestney. Editing by Jane Merriman)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |