Spain's Caixabank says is interested in state-owned Catalunya Banc
MADRID Jan 31 (Reuters) - Spain's third-largest lender, Caixabank, would make an offer for nationalised Catalunya Banc if it went up for sale, Chairman Isidro Faine told reporters at a press conference on Friday.
"If there is an auction, we will make an offer," he said.
The government wants to sell the state-owned bank before the summer.
(Reporting By Andres Gonzalez, Writing by Sonya Dowsett; Editing by Julien Toyer)
- Malaysia air force chief denies saying lost plane tracked to west |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source