Spain's Caixabank says is interested in state-owned Catalunya Banc
MADRID Jan 31 (Reuters) - Spain's third-largest lender, Caixabank, would make an offer for nationalised Catalunya Banc if it went up for sale, Chairman Isidro Faine told reporters at a press conference on Friday.
"If there is an auction, we will make an offer," he said.
The government wants to sell the state-owned bank before the summer.
(Reporting By Andres Gonzalez, Writing by Sonya Dowsett; Editing by Julien Toyer)
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Islamist militants on rise in Austria: government