US okays Thermo Fisher buy of Life Tech; must sell some assets
WASHINGTON Jan 31 (Reuters) - Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc , the world's largest laboratory equipment maker, has won U.S. antitrust approval to buy Life Technologies Corp on condition of some asset sales, the Federal Trade Commission said on Friday.
The deal was valued at $13.6 billion when it was announced in April.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |