US okays Thermo Fisher buy of Life Tech; must sell some assets
WASHINGTON Jan 31 (Reuters) - Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc , the world's largest laboratory equipment maker, has won U.S. antitrust approval to buy Life Technologies Corp on condition of some asset sales, the Federal Trade Commission said on Friday.
The deal was valued at $13.6 billion when it was announced in April.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand