UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan 31
LONDON Jan 31 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 8 to 18 points, or as much as 0.3 percent lower on Friday, according to financial bookmakers.
* The UK blue chip index closed down 5.83 points, or 0.1 percent, at 6,538.45 on Thursday, falling for the seventh time in eight days, and nearing its lowest since mid-December, with concerns about emerging markets taking their toll on sentiment.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
BT GROUP : reports third-quarter results
RANK GROUP : posts first-half results
VEDANTA RESOURCES : third-quarter production release
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source