CANADA STOCKS-TSX drops on emerging markets fears; TransCanada up
TORONTO, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index fell on Friday amid emerging markets worries and mixed U.S. and European economic data, offsetting a gain in TransCanada Corp after a U.S. report said the Keystone pipeline may not affect Canadian oil sands growth. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially closed down 40.34 points, or 0.29 percent, at 13,694.94. Eight of the 10 main sectors on the index were in the red.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source