MasterCard profit rises 3 pct
Jan 31 (Reuters) - MasterCard Inc, the world's No.2 credit and debit card company, reported a 3 percent rise in quarterly profit as more people across the world used plastic instead of cash.
MasterCard's net income rose to $623 million, or 52 cents per share, in the fourth quarter from $605 million, or 49 cents per share, a year earlier.
Adjusted earnings were 57 cents per share.
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets