Fiat to present small Jeep SUV in March, 500X in October: union
MILAN (Reuters) - Italian carmaker Fiat (FIA.MI) will present a Jeep-branded small sports utility vehicle (SUV) at the Geneva car show in March while its 500X crossover vehicle will be presented at the Paris show in October, an Italian trade union official said.
Both cars will be produced at the Melfi plant in the southern Italian region of Basilicata, which currently manufactures the Grande Punto.
In a statement on Friday, Ugl trade union official Pino Giordano said work to adapt the production line at Melfi to produce the two new models was underway.
Fiat, which completed a merger with its U.S. arm Chrysler last week, will present a new industrial plan, outlining new investments and models, in early May.
(Reporting by Stefano Rebaudo, writing by Danilo Masoni; Editing by Peter Galloway)
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Police move against protesters as calm dissolves in Ferguson, Missouri
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |
- Advancing Ukraine troops take fight to heart of pro-Moscow rebellion |
- Islamic State says beheads U.S. journalist, holds another