Hammer-wielding thieves rob Cartier store in midday Manhattan heist
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Five masked men smashed a glass case in a posh New York City jewelry store on Thursday, grabbing 17 watches in a daring robbery in broad daylight, police said.
The five men walked into the Cartier store on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan at about 12:30 p.m. EST, carrying hammers, police said.
Police did not say how much the stolen watches were worth but city newspapers said the timepieces are valued at more than $700,000.
There were no arrests in the case, police said.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details